Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Thavutam, Prashanth" <1t...@toysrus.com> on 2005/07/25 23:02:07 UTC

Testing web application with ActiveX control

We recently started using JMeter and I am trying to test a web application
which uses ActiveX control in the Login.jsp to get user credentials from
Windows environment. When I hit the Login.jsp, it gets all the user
attributes using ActiveX control, sets them to form fields and submits
itself to an action method.

When I test it through JMeter, ActiveX control doesn't seem to work and
Login.jsp is not submitting the user info. It is not invoking the action
method. When I hit the action method directly by passing user attributes in
query string, it fails with Session Time Out message as the action method
expects a session to be existing.
I am not sure how to over come this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.

Re: Testing web application with ActiveX control

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
if the proxy doesn't capture the traffic from the activeX, I would try
a http sniffer to figure out what it's doing.

peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.