Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Heather Stephens <he...@bea.com> on 2004/10/12 05:45:21 UTC

[Proposal] Pre-V1 release for ApacheCon?

Question 1 --> Should we shoot to do a pre-V1 release of Beehive for
ApacheCon?  (NOTE:  We would also need Incubator PMC approval for this
of course.)

Question 2 -->  In the spirit of the X.y.z naming convention and
assuming we will do a few of these before we cut V 1.0.z with a 0.5.z
beta-quality release, shall we name an ApacheCon release as version
0.3.z?

Question 3 -->  Proposal on Goals/Non-goals
==============
Goals
==============
*Practice the release process so we can begin to work out the kinks
*Binary distribution available
*"Demoable" for ApacheCon sessions
*Enough supporting materials (sample applications, feature samples,
documentation, tutorials, etc.) to generate interest in Beehive, begin
to build a more active user community and get useful on the current
feature set.

Non-goals
*Feature complete
*APIs locked