Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Guillermo Payet <gp...@localharvest.org> on 2008/09/19 03:13:22 UTC

SSO

Hi,

I'm implementing Roller SSO for our website. We want our users
to login with our own proprietary auth system, and then access
their roller blogs without having to re-login.

For now, I'm focusing on Authorization, and I'm leaving
Authentication for later.

I've implemented a "LHUserDetailsService" class, and set it
as the jdbcAuthenticationDao in security.xml. I can now login
into roller (via the roller login pages, for now) using usernames
and passwords stored in our original, non-roller user database.

The odd problem that I'm seeing is that the basic acegi roles
of "admin" and "editor", even though they are being pulled
from our system fine via our LHUserDetailsService class, seem to
also need to be in the rollerdb "userrole" table. I understand
that the original RollerUserDetailsService should be the only class
accessing this table, but even though our replacement does not
use org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.UserRole, which is the only
class that accesses userrole directly, the fact is that we need
the roles present in userroles for authorizations to work
properly.  What am I missing?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

    --G

--
Guillermo Payet
L O C A L H A R V E S T

importing blogs

Posted by Guillermo Payet <gp...@localharvest.org>.
Is there a way to import a blog from, say, Typepad, into Roller?

    --G

--
Guillermo Payet
L O C A L H A R V E S T