Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Harper <kb...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/13 22:33:02 UTC

my open office program will not open.

My open office system will not open.  I thought perhaps I could remove the program and download it again.  When I try to remove it I come up with the following:   Please exit the Open Office 4.1.1.13 and the OpenOffice 4,1,13 Quickstarter before you continue.  If you are using a multi-user system. Also make sure that no other user has OpenOffice 4.1.13 open.  I am the only user on this system.  I am using Windows 10.  Hlp would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,  Kay

Re: my open office program will not open.

Posted by "Dr. Martin Senftleben" <li...@drmartinus.de>.
Hi,

Am 13.12.22 um 23:33 schrieb Kay Harper:
> My open office system will not open.  I thought perhaps I could remove the program and download it again.  When I try to remove it I come up with the following:   Please exit the Open Office 4.1.1.13 and the OpenOffice 4,1,13 Quickstarter before you continue.  If you are using a multi-user system. Also make sure that no other user has OpenOffice 4.1.13 open.  I am the only user on this system.  I am using Windows 10.  Hlp would be greatly appreciated.

something like this may happen when upgrading while OpenOffice (OO) is
running or in similar situations. I do not use Windows, but I would
guess there is some entry in the registry which indicates that OO is
already open, which causes this kind of error message. There may also be
some kind of mixup with the admin account (IIRC, later Windows versions
allow installation of some programs only as admin). Then you would have
to log in as admin and look for some indication of an open OO.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else who uses Windows can give more info.

Martin

Re: my open office program will not open.

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Windows 10

Open Task Manager

Look in the list of background processes (if no list, look for the "More
details" link at bottom left of Task Manager, click that, the background
processes list should be shown now)

Find every OpenOffice process, select them, and then click "End Task" button

Now try the installation

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011