Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2002/05/17 00:41:25 UTC

Re: PDF generation, DTD for XML documentation and slides

Hi Steven,

On Fri, 17 May 2002 00:33:11 +0200, "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org> wrote:

> sorry for my belated answer...

No problem.

> > Please let me know if this is of any interest.
>
> It is, especially the FO stuff. Could you prepare it as a patch to
> forrest-cvs? I prepared an empty directory for you at
> src/documentation/skins/forrest-site/xslt/fo

As soon as I finish implementing it, I'll post it to the mailing
list. Do you need more than this?

> I'll do the document-v11 specific stuff, then.

Is there a list of changes from 1.0 to 1.1? I haven't looked to see
what's different yet.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Ovidiu,

> As soon as I finish implementing it, I'll post it to the mailing
> list. Do you need more than this?

a patch would be even better, but I'm not picky :-)

> > I'll do the document-v11 specific stuff, then.
>
> Is there a list of changes from 1.0 to 1.1? I haven't looked to see
> what's different yet.

nope, there isn't, and there should be. Changelog from the comments
inside the document-v11.dtd:

  20011212 Used public identifiers for external entities. (SM)
  20011212 Removed xlink attributes since not used. (SM)
  20011212 Removed "connect" since not required at this level. (SM)
  20011218 Added "warning" as a block level object. (SM)
  20011218 Removed explicitly numbered sections ("s1|s2|s3|s4"). (SM)
  20011218 Added "section" element. (SM)
  20011218 Allowed "body" to have blocks without a section. (SM)
  20011218 Removed "sl" since not really different from "ul". (SM)
  20020214 Moved empty placeholder entity declarations up front (SNS)
  20020214 Corrected content model of content.mix parameter entity (SNS)

That basically describes it. The most major change is the <section>
element instead of <s1> -> <s5>.

Happily awaiting,

</Steven>