Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Erwan <eb...@antelink.com> on 2011/04/19 15:35:07 UTC

Questions about SSL and roll back

Hi there,

I'm a total beginner with HDFS and even if I think it's a good solution
I still have some questions about it.
First I have a question about SSL, in my case it will be very nice if my
stream could be over SSL. I can see there two config files
ssl-*.xml.example so I presume it's possible to configure HDFS with SSL
but I find nothing about it (tuto or docs) on how to configure it, could
you give some clues about it ?

I have another question about roll back when you have a serious problem
with your namenode: I read there is no problem to re-up the system if
you backup the FsImage and the EditLog, that's really nice but is there
a good practice to do that (with tuto or doc)? write them to a shared
directory (via SSHFS, NFS...)? periodic rsync? is there a native tool in
HDFS to do that (but I miss how)?

Thank you in advance
Kind Regards,
/Erwan