Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 21:32:48 UTC

Help with continuum and deployment

Hi all,
  I'm trying to set up continuum as a means for our webmaster to deploy our
applications.  99% of all changes will be JSF changes, and I want to give
them the ability to push to both our staging area, as well as production.
I'm unsure how to do this with continuum, or if its even possible   Below is
the flow of steps, and initial guidance and examples would be greatly
appreciated.

1. Continuum performs a "real release", not a nightly build
2. The user selects that release and pushes it to staging
3. After completion of staging the user can go back to that build version,
and push it to production.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Help with continuum and deployment

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On 3/1/07, Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> 2. The user selects that release and pushes it to staging
> 3. After completion of staging the user can go back to that build version,
> and push it to production.

What does "push" mean in this context?

--

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: Help with continuum and deployment

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/2/07, Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To answer myself, I noticed this is slated for the 2.0 release.  What is the
> release timeframe for 2.0?

I'm curious where you're finding info about a 2.0 version?

So far, JIRA only has 1.1, 1.2, and Future:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM

--
Wendy

Re: Help with continuum and deployment