Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/16 19:58:04 UTC

score and multiValued fields

I would like to know how Lucene deals with the score on multiValued fields.
I am wandering if:
1) a score is computed per field and the maximum between them wins
or
2)all terms of all fields (from the multivalued field) influence eachother
to compute the score

Let's say I have a document with a multiValued field "content" indexed 3
times and another document with the field indexed just once

Doc1: content->aa; content->bb; content->dd ff gg
Doc2: content->aa b

Searching for content:aa, Doc1 would be more relevant if supososition 1) is
correct. Doc2 would be more relevant if suposition 2) is correct
How does it work?
Thanks in advance

Re: score and multiValued fields

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
Confirmed, supposition 2 is the right one.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at: