Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reynir Hübner <re...@hugsmidjan.is> on 2002/06/13 18:05:50 UTC

2 questions..requests...

hi,

I have 2 questions (not related):

1. How can I get the header "if-modified-since", from the request object, when I print out the enumeration of getHeaderNames() it's not there.

2. I've been writing some scripts in java, mainly regluar-expression related stuff,downloading webpages with HttpUrlConnection,  parsing some strings out of 'em, and so on.  I have been playing around executing the whole thing in a jsp site. The execution of this jsp page can take few minutes, depending on some parameters. For me it is very much ok, because I needed to run this script onetime only. But what bothers me, is the fact, that when I run it, Internet Explorer seems to reload the page, so it runs twice. I am wondering if this is a bug in tomcat or Internet Explorer. In the end I moved all the script into a standalone application and executed it ok ( did not run twice). So this is not a problem I will solve, but I wonder if this is a known problem with tomcat-jsp execution, where does the time-gap lie, when does it start to reload, is this somekind of a "ping" request from Internet Explorer that executes the page again if it hasn't loaded with in some time or what is happening ?  if any one knows, tell me. It does not happen with any other jsp page, and I actually saw the page "blink" or "flash" when it got reloaded in IExpl.

I am using tomcat 4.0.3 standalone, without coyote. and then Internet explorer 6.

Thank you,
best regards,
-reynir