Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Miroslav Nachev <mi...@space-comm.com> on 2008/01/30 10:27:43 UTC

How to pre-persists and object in JDBCSequence.nextInternal() implementation

Hi,

I have custom JDBCSequence implementation where before to return the
generated Id I would like to persists one object which is required
(Foreign Key constrain) from the main object which will use the returned
Id from nextInternal() method.

How can I persists that object in the same transaction before the main
object to be persisted?

Regards,
Miro.

Re: How to pre-persists and object in JDBCSequence.nextInternal() implementation

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
If you tell OpenJPA that a foreign key relationship exists between the
instances, then OpenJPA should automatically flush them in the
appropriate order.

If the one instance needs to be flushed even before IDs are assigned
to the second, you'll probably have to call em.flush() after calling
persist() on the first instance.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: How to pre-persists and object in JDBCSequence.nextInternal() implementation

Posted by Miroslav Nachev <mi...@space-comm.com>.