Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Keddie <We...@marioncountyfl.org> on 2001/09/13 15:08:31 UTC

Off-Topic JSERV Question...

I will eventually go to Tomcat  but for now I need a quci fix for Jserv...

I created a virtual host.
This host has jsp files residing in it.
Whenever I try to refer to the JSP through a link
I get th efollowing response:

"JSP Error:

Request URI:/jsp/MSTU_Parcel.jsp

Exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\cdplus_permit\jsp\MSTU_Parcel.jsp (The system cannot find the file specified) "

But the jsp files are actually under C:\mstu\jsp\...

I placed  ApJServMount /servlets /mstu into Jserv.conf
I created its own zone.properties file named mstu.properties.
I placed in jserv.properties  the servlet zone parameters.
Is there any other directive i should place in the virtual host in httpd.conf??

<VirtualHost IP address:8070>
    DocumentRoot C:/mstu
    ServerName 127.0.0.1
    ErrorLog logs/mstu-error_log
    CustomLog logs/mstu-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Am i missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Off-Topic JSERV Question...

Posted by Paul Downs <pa...@positive-internet.com>.
Hi,
  Apache JServ does support jsp.  You have to do a rather interesting tweak
with gnujsp and world writable scratch directories, plus a an extra line to
the users properties file.  Will post an example if you want.  Be warned
though it only supports a very rough jsp, no taglibs, no modern versions of
jsp basically.

Paul

Re: Off-Topic JSERV Question...

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Robert Keddie wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:08:31 -0400
> From: Robert Keddie <We...@marioncountyfl.org>
> To: <"'...@jakarta.apache.org>>
> Subject: Off-Topic JSERV Question...
>
> I will eventually go to Tomcat  but for now I need a quci fix for Jserv...
>
> I created a virtual host.
> This host has jsp files residing in it.
> Whenever I try to refer to the JSP through a link
> I get th efollowing response:
>
> "JSP Error:

> Request URI:/jsp/MSTU_Parcel.jsp
>
> Exception:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\cdplus_permit\jsp\MSTU_Parcel.jsp (The system cannot find the file specified) "
>
> But the jsp files are actually under C:\mstu\jsp\...
>
> I placed  ApJServMount /servlets /mstu into Jserv.conf
> I created its own zone.properties file named mstu.properties.
> I placed in jserv.properties  the servlet zone parameters.
> Is there any other directive i should place in the virtual host in httpd.conf??
>
> <VirtualHost IP address:8070>
>     DocumentRoot C:/mstu
>     ServerName 127.0.0.1
>     ErrorLog logs/mstu-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/mstu-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>

> Am i missing something?
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, one thing you might be missing is that Apache JServ does not support
JSP ...

Craig