Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Jens Borrack <bo...@tembit.de> on 2008/04/21 13:35:08 UTC

Procedures with large number of Parameters

Hi,

I have a problem calling a particular procedure, which has 60 in and 1
out parameter. While another procedure call with 13/1 parameters in the
same class works flawless, the 60/1 call throws a 'Invalid row index'
exception.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with procedure calls with more
than 60 parameters?

I already filed this bug one month ago but unfortunately didn't get any
comments so far. Please have a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-495 to see the bug
description and the affected files.

Thanks,
Jens

Re: Procedures with large number of Parameters

Posted by Fidel Viegas <fi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Jens Borrack <bo...@tembit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have a problem calling a particular procedure, which has 60 in and 1
>  out parameter. While another procedure call with 13/1 parameters in the
>  same class works flawless, the 60/1 call throws a 'Invalid row index'
>  exception.
>
>  Has anyone experienced similar problems with procedure calls with more
>  than 60 parameters?
>
>  I already filed this bug one month ago but unfortunately didn't get any
>  comments so far. Please have a look at
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-495 to see the bug
>  description and the affected files.

I may be wrong, but I think that the maximum number of parameters
allowed in a stored procedure are RDBMS dependent. Each RDBMS has its
own limitations. So, this shouldn't be an iBatis problem in my point
of view.

You better wait for someone more experienced with iBatis than I am.

All the best,

Fidel.