Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by xgas <xg...@hot.ee> on 2010/04/19 12:52:04 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_cache mod_header set header for cached response

Hello,

Please help me out. I want to set header for cached content.
I use apache 2.2 with mod_header and mod_cache

Relevant parts in my conf file are following:

Header set CacheHit "%D %t"

CacheEnable disk /
CacheRoot /tmp/cache
CacheDirLevels 5
CacheDirLength 3
CacheMinFileSize 2
CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
CacheMaxFileSize 100000000
CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
CacheMaxExpire 120
CacheIgnoreQueryString On

What I want to achieve is following:
All responses have header CacheHit with request times. However I get
this header only when cache is not hit and after that this header comes
from cache without changes. This means that there are no new values but
only the first request value. If I tell to cache to ignore this header
,then cached response didn't contain this header at all.

Can someone confirm that this is not achievable or can someone point out
what I must do to achieve this.

Raino Kolk

Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache mod_header set header for cached response

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:52 AM, xgas <xg...@hot.ee> wrote:
> What I want to achieve is following:
> All responses have header CacheHit with request times.

When a response is served from the cache, all of this processing is
skipped -- the original response and its headers are all that goes
out.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com