Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Gregory Krasnow <ga...@STONEANALYTICS.com> on 2001/03/09 19:27:47 UTC

SOAP 2.1 with Tomcat 3.2.1

I have been able to start the rpcrouter just fine.  I am trying to deploy
the sample AddressBook application.
I have placed the class files for samples.addressbook in the WEB-INF/classes
directory for the SOAP servlets.
I have tested with the list command to rpcrouter that the urn:AddressFetcher
is indeed deployed.
However, when I try to run the samples.addressbook.GetAddress I get the
following:

$ java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher':
class name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved:
samples.addressbook.Address

do I need to explicitly put the samples.addressbook classes on the classpath
for tomcat?? (should't the classes directory under WEB-INF automatically be
placed on the classpath for the rpcrouter servlet??)

I know for servlets that I have written I have not had any  problems placing
class files in the WEB-INF/classes directory...

TIA,

Greg

Gregory Krasnow
Lead Software Engineer