Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by atomixnmc <at...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/03 09:56:31 UTC

How can I unregister an unused node type in jackrabbit

I know this question is simple but it's driving me crazy, cause I just start
using JackRabbit and JCR recently.

I connect to a repo : Apache Jackrabbit 2.10 (via WebDAV). Now I want to
unregister an unused NodeType, there is no Node created with this NodeType
but when I call:

NodeTypeRegistry.disableCheckForReferencesInContentException = true;
nodeTypeManager.unregisterNodeType("NodeTypeName");

javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException:

More funny stuffs, if I try to list all the node types and then
unregisterNodeType, I got:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The check for the existence of content using
the given node type is not yet implemented, so to guarantee repository
consistency the request to unregister the type is denied. Contributions to
implement this feature would be welcome! To restore the broken behavior of
previous Jackrabbit versions where this check was simply skipped, please set
the disableCheckForReferencesInContentException system property to true.

Even with this line right above.
NodeTypeRegistry.disableCheckForReferencesInContentException = true;

Don't know what to do with this error, even if I thought it should be a
simple usecase! Any help is appreciated!