Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Ben Keppler <be...@q-matic.com> on 2009/05/29 22:19:48 UTC

Problems configuring Archiva LDAP integration

To whom it may concern:

I am attempting to get archiva working with ldap.  My configuration files are
attached.
 <<security.properties>>  <<application.xml>>
I have worked through problems getting the base.dn and bind.dn and now seem
to be connected to LDAP.  The only problem is that when I boot up and attempt
to connect to Archiva, it always redirects me to the "Create Admin User"
page.  There it lists the correct Username as specified by the
redback.default.admin property.  However, there is nothing in the "Full Name"
and "Email Address" fields and the fields are not editable.  That is, it
appears to be only listing the information rather than allowing an edit of
the information.  If I hit the "Create Admin" button, it complains that "Full
Name is required." and "Email Address is required."  but still gives you no
option to edit them and clearly isn't picking them up out of the appropriate
LDAP attributes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Ben Keppler | Software Developer
Q-MATIC Corporation

Phone:      (828) 209-1175
Mobile:     (828) 242-3567
Fax:        (828) 209-1100
EMail:      ben.keppler@q-matic.com

Website:    http://www.q-matic.us

Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Notice:  This email transmission and any
attachments are intended for use by the person(s)/entity(ies) named above and
may contain confidential/privileged information.

Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail, and
delete or destroy all copies plus attachments.

Re: Problems configuring Archiva LDAP integration

Posted by U Gopalakrishnan <ug...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Couple of things you could check

- Make sure the admin id you specify existing in the LDAP registry
- Make sure the LDAP attribute mapping are correct (i.e
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.* properties specified in the
security.properties). Especially make sure
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.id property is mapped to the LDAP key
attribute. Also make sure the value of this key attribute is specified as
the admin id.

BTW, I couldn't find your securities.properties attached in the message.

Gopal

"Ben Keppler" <be...@q-matic.com>
05/30/2009 01:49
Please respond to
users@archiva.apache.org

<us...@archiva.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[...]

[attachment "application.xml" deleted by U Gopalakrishnan/India/IBM]