Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 22:36:38 UTC

Cloudstack and KVM clusters,

Hi folks,

I was looking a matrix of Cloudstack compatibility matrix at
http://pt.slideshare.net/TimMackey/hypervisor-31754727,

Slide 25 seemed to show that we cannot have clusters of KVM in CS? Is that
true? Is it possible to live migrate VMs between KVM hosts that are not
clustered in CS?

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Cloudstack and KVM clusters,

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Got it.

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Got it.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
I would highly recommend looking at the Ceph storage instead of using too many tiers of complications. Ceph integrates well with kvm and cloudstack and has proven to work very well over the years.

Andrei
Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Yes, Chiu.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Yes, Chiu.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by chiu ching cheng <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chiu ching cheng <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simon,

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simon,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Rafael,

This is what I really like about KVM: CloudStack makes it a cluster :-) This prevents the “two captains” problem you sometimes see with for example XenServer. We’ve loads of XenServers running and right now we’re also looking into KVM. Have to say I really like it!

Regards,
Remi