Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2004/09/18 04:45:29 UTC

Re: APR::OS::thread_current

Stas Bekman wrote:

> why APR::OS::thread_current returns an object and to get the tid,
> you need to dereference it? that doesn't sounds too
> intuitive. Should we change it to return the id right away?
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/APR/OS.html#C_thread_current_

I don't see anything wrong with doing that, but I'd rename the method
to something like APR::OS::thread_current_id() or similar.

Re: APR::OS::thread_current

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>>> but I'd rename the method
>>> to something like APR::OS::thread_current_id() or similar.
>>

>> +1, good idea, gozer!
>>
>> May be just current_tid then? Or even just tid() :)
>

> APR::OS::thread_id() ?

I thought there was a point in making it clear that it's a current thread.
So may be your original suggestion of current_thread_id is the best.

Re: APR::OS::thread_current

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Re: APR::OS::thread_current

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.