Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 00:52:11 UTC

Maven profiles for distributions

I was reviewing #PR6, and I was wondering why we need to have a different
maven profile for distribution ?

    Source distribution
        mvn clean package -P SourceDist
    Cluster distribution
        mvn clean package -P ClusterDist
    Standalone distribution
        mvn clean package -P StandaloneDist
    In-memory distribution
        mvn clean package -P InmemoryDist

I would say the scenario is either, you are just compiling and want to
produce the jar, or you are creating a distribution and want to have the
multiple distros created.

So, how about we only have a "distribution" profile ?

        mvn clean package -P distribution

Thoughts ?

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/pull/6

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Maven profiles for distributions

Posted by Mike Dusenberry <du...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I thinking lumping them all together would be fine too. As long as the regular dev builds are sped up, I'm fine either way.

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry

GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/mikedusenberry

Sent from my iPhone