Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Carmona Perez, David" <DP...@fcc.es> on 2004/04/13 10:39:44 UTC

PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng

***********************
Este correo ha sido procesado por el antivirus del Grupo FCC.
***********-***********

Hi,

Here some small changes to the CVS revision 1.4 (taken from http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/webapp/WEB-INF/entities/), in order to :
- Accept parameters to <map:pipe>
- Accept anchors (attribute name) in <map:action> and <map:match>

Hope they are useful are become incorporated into CVS.

Note: I don't know how to create a patch.  I've tried to use "diff.exe" from "GNU utilities for Win32", but don't know the exact command line arguments I need in order to create a patch file suitable for CVS.

Regards,
   David

Re: PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 13.04.2004 10:39, Carmona Perez, David wrote:

> Note: I don't know how to create a patch.  I've tried to use
> "diff.exe" from "GNU utilities for Win32", but don't know the exact
> command line arguments I need in order to create a patch file
> suitable for CVS.

The diff command does only compare two files, you would need to compare
the original file with your version of the file and would probably not
get a valid patch though (might depend heavily on the directory
structure). The correct way to create a patch is to use the cvs command:

cvs diff -u [file|directory] > patch.txt

Not specifying file or directory results in getting the diff from the
current directory context '.'.

CVS command line client is probably also available in GNU utilities, but
also as stand alone at http://www.cvshome.org/downloads.html or via
WinCVS (http://www.wincvs.org/download.html#WINCVS). => No need for
installing Linux on Windows.

Joerg

Re: PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Upayavira dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Carmona Perez, David dijo:
>>

>>>Note: I don't know how to create a patch.  I've tried to use "diff.exe"
>>>from "GNU utilities for Win32", but don't know the exact command line
>>>arguments I need in order to create a patch file suitable for CVS.
>>>

>>Hmm.. next time try to use:
>>
>>http://www.cygwin.com/
>>

> Cygwin is great - especially when you get KDE working within it
> (http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/) which means that you have a pretty
> full Unix desktop, with XServer, on a Windows platform. Wow.
>
> But, having said that, I believe you can create a patch by changing into
> your CVS checkout, and (assuming you've got a commend line CVS client
> installed) typing cvs diff > patchname.patch. Should create a patch file
> for you. If you use TortoiseCVS, there's a patch option on the CVS menu
> within explorer.

Another option is eclipse - http://eclipse.org/ . See working with patches:

http://help.eclipse.org/help21/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-68c.htm

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Carmona Perez, David dijo:
>

>>Note: I don't know how to create a patch.  I've tried to use "diff.exe"
>>from "GNU utilities for Win32", but don't know the exact command line
>>arguments I need in order to create a patch file suitable for CVS.
>>

>Hmm.. next time try to use:
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/

Cygwin is great - especially when you get KDE working within it
(http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/) which means that you have a pretty
full Unix desktop, with XServer, on a Windows platform. Wow.

But, having said that, I believe you can create a patch by changing into
your CVS checkout, and (assuming you've got a commend line CVS client
installed) typing cvs diff > patchname.patch. Should create a patch file
for you. If you use TortoiseCVS, there's a patch option on the CVS menu
within explorer.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carmona Perez, David dijo:
> Note: I don't know how to create a patch.  I've tried to use "diff.exe"
> from "GNU utilities for Win32", but don't know the exact command line
> arguments I need in order to create a patch file suitable for CVS.

Hmm.. next time try to use:

http://www.cygwin.com/

:-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Carmona Perez, David wrote:
<snip/>

Thanks, i applied part of your changes, as described on the users@ list.