Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Ryan Bannon <mr...@student.math.uwaterloo.ca> on 2001/02/01 04:32:23 UTC

new, simple question

Hello,

My name is Ryan and I'm new to the list.
Quick question.  I have the following XML-type file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<PRECML>
<BODY bgcolor="#ffffff" fgcolor="#000000">
<BASEFONT face="Arial" size="10"></BASEFONT>
<TEXT bgcolor="#346865" fgcolor="#547768">Hello World<A href="">my link</A></TEXT>
<TEXT bgcolor="#ffffff" fgcolor="#AD2364">This is some <FONT face="Helvetica">text</FONT> followed by<A href="">a some text link</A>followed <U>by more
text and some CAPITALS</U>.We can also put in font tags. 118</TEXT>
</BODY>
</PRECML>

I run this through a DOM parser and user the DOMWriter example and print it to standard out.  However, all my carriage return/EOLs come up like this:

&#10;

I assume that I have some encoding property set wrong in my parser.  I'm relatively new to DOM parsers, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: new, simple question

Posted by Michael Ryan Bannon <mr...@student.math.uwaterloo.ca>.