Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joe Littlejohn <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/11 12:52:56 UTC

maven-dependency-plugin configuration not found when invoking dependency:copy goal

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the dependency:copy and dependency:unpack
goals with Maven 2.2.1. I've been following this guide:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying-artifacts.html

The snippet from my POM looks like:

  <plugin>
	<configuration>
		<artifactItems>
			<artifactItem>
				<groupId>junit</groupId>
				<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
				<version>3.8.1</version>
				<type>jar</type>
				<overWrite>true</overWrite>
				<outputDirectory>junit</outputDirectory>
				<destFileName>test</destFileName>
			</artifactItem>
		</artifactItems>
	</configuration>
  </plugin>

I have not included the 'executions' element, so I should be able to
use the dependency goals from the cli (as far as I understand it).
However, when I run 'mvn dependency:copy' using the cli, I get:

  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
  [INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing
for 'dependency:copy'

  [0] Inside the definition for plugin 'maven-dependency-plugin'
specify the following:

  <configuration>
    <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
  </configuration>.

I've checked my POM for other occurrances of maven-dependency-plugin,
and there are none.

Does anyone know why my configuration is being ignored?

Cheers!

Re: maven-dependency-plugin configuration not found when invoking dependency:copy goal

Posted by japher <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Turns out I was adding the maven-dependency-plugin into the wrong profile
(doh!).

All sorted now - apologies!

Re: maven-dependency-plugin configuration not found when invoking dependency:copy goal

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/faq.html#cli

Posted by Serge R <se...@gmail.com>.
sorry guys, wrong thread...

Re: maven-dependency-plugin configuration not found when invoking dependency:copy goal

Posted by Serge R <se...@gmail.com>.
Just added the missed section with all plugins and versions I use... nothing
happend.

I still did not understand, why my windows account name is used to send data
to svn... The maven console shows the right username, the server log shows
another.

Re: maven-dependency-plugin configuration not found when invoking dependency:copy goal

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You most likely aren't using the pluginManagement section for your plugin
conf.

/Anders (mobile)