Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by greenapple <zt...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/28 17:55:05 UTC

Add Plugins without restarting Activemq?

I have been trying to figure out a way to add users and permissions to a
running broker without having to restart.

I thought I would be able to install plugins without restarting the broker.

Note that ActiveMQDestinationImpl is an a simple implementation of the
ActiveMQDestination.

I am getting the following error on the console:

ERROR TransportConnector - Could not accept connection : Broken pipe

Any help is greatly appreciated. Was anybody successful is doing so? I do
not want to LDAP.

My code looks like the following:

            QueueConnection conn = cFactory.createQueueConnection("system",
"manager");
            System.out.println("connection established");
            List authrizations = new ArrayList();
            AuthorizationEntry entry = new  AuthorizationEntry();

            entry.setAdmin("admins");
            entry.setRead("consumers");
            entry.setWrite("new-producers");
            entry.setDestination(new
ActiveMQDestinationImpl("someQueue.MyQueue"));
            authrizations.add(entry);

            AuthorizationMap authorMap = new
DefaultAuthorizationMap(authrizations);
            AuthorizationPlugin authorizationPlugin = new
AuthorizationPlugin();

            authorizationPlugin.setMap(authorMap);
            broker.setPlugins(new BrokerPlugin[] {authorizationPlugin});