Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tracey Zellmann <tr...@comcast.net> on 2006/02/14 23:31:33 UTC

Using FOP examples

I have downloaded fop-0.91beta-bin-jdk1.4 and I am trying to use some of the examples. Specifically, ExampleXML2PDF. I have put all the jars into my class path. I am getting an error when the program runs -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at embedding.ExampleXML2PDF.main(ExampleXML2PDF.java:69)

The referenced line is:
Fop fop = new Fop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF);

Any thoughts what migth be wrong?

I have checked that fop.jar for this version is in the path and it contains org.apache.fop.apps.Fop

Re: Using FOP examples

Posted by Tracey Zellmann <tr...@comcast.net>.
Thanks for the reply. I had taken the old jars out of my Eclipse project,
but overlooked some buried references in my user and system classpath. Your
note triggered my memory, and I was able to solve that problem.

Re: Using FOP examples

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.