Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Barry, Sean F" <se...@intel.com> on 2012/04/09 18:22:00 UTC

multiple nodes one machine

Hi all,

I currently have a 2 node cluster up and running. But now I face a new issue, one of my nodes is running a Datanode and a Tasktracker on a 4 core machine and in order to do a bit of proof of concept testing I would like to have 4 nodes running on that particular machine. Does this mean that I would need to set that up as a pseudodistributed cluster? or do you have any other suggestions? And would I need to add 3 more datanodes and 3 more tasktrackers or either or?

Thanks
-SB

Re: multiple nodes one machine

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

With my configuration in place, I simply do:

"hadoop datanode 2>&1 > /tmp/datanode-$RANDOM.log &" required number
of times. I then track the launched instances with "jps", so I can
send them quit signals when I want to tear them down again.

--
Harsh J

RE: multiple nodes one machine

--