Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nap4110 <ne...@gs.com> on 2007/10/03 21:02:56 UTC

Maven Wagon

Hi Newbie here:

We want to use wagon to grab specific artifacts from our repository.  I have
looked at the sample test case provided by apache here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/wagon/trunk/wagon-provider-test/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/wagon/WagonTestCase.java

What isn't clear is how we instantiate the Wagon obj.
 Wagon wagon = (Wagon) lookup( Wagon.ROLE, getProtocol() );

Not sure how this works.  If anyone has a more straightfowared example I
would appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,
Neil

Re: Maven Wagon

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

nap4110 schrieb:
> Hi Newbie here:
>
> We want to use wagon to grab specific artifacts from our repository.  I have
> looked at the sample test case provided by apache here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/wagon/trunk/wagon-provider-test/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/wagon/WagonTestCase.java
>
> What isn't clear is how we instantiate the Wagon obj.
>  Wagon wagon = (Wagon) lookup( Wagon.ROLE, getProtocol() );

The wagons are implementet as Plexus [1] components and in the testcase
the wagon to use is looked up in the container. However, it should be
possible without problems to use the wagon for the protocol you need as
a simple java class and just instantiate it:

   Wagon myWagon = new HttpWagon();

> Not sure how this works.  If anyone has a more straightfowared example I
> would appreciate the assistance.
>
> Thanks,
> Neil

-Tim