Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/07/14 23:48:39 UTC

Please apply this patch to make reconfiguration easy (fwd)

There you go.  A "vendor" (FreeBSD ports maintainer) asking for a crapload
of ifdefs wrapped around things.  Since we always listen to vendors,
perhaps this can sneak in.  <g>

A +1 from me.  It isn't necessary since these things can all be overridden
from the conf file, but it makes things nicer.  This has been discussed
enough times that perhaps now people will quietly agree.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 04:53 PM 7/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>	I checked apache.org and looked around for the NT port but haven't
>been able to find it & I realize that it's still in beta.  If a site
>want to run the NT version while it's still having bugs ironed out how
>does one go about getting a copy?

http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/

Grab the "apache_" file with the most recent last-modified date.

You'll need a compiler, though; msvc++ 4.2 or 5.0.  And gzip and tar for
NT.  No, it's not wasy right now, hopefully soon it'll be easier.

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org

Re: NT Version

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Visit ftp.apache.org/httpd/from-cvs/.

Dean

NT Version

Re: Please apply this patch to make reconfiguration easy (fwd)

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
That would make me happier too.

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> There you go.  A "vendor" (FreeBSD ports maintainer) asking for a crapload
> of ifdefs wrapped around things.  Since we always listen to vendors,
> perhaps this can sneak in.  <g>
>
> A +1 from me.  It isn't necessary since these things can all be overridden
> from the conf file, but it makes things nicer.  This has been discussed
> enough times that perhaps now people will quietly agree.

+1. Looks harmless enough. But I'd like the #ifdefs after the comments, not
before them. For example, change this:

> + #ifndef RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE
>   /* The name of the document config file */
>   #define RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE "conf/srm.conf"
> + #endif

to this:

>   /* The name of the document config file */
> + #ifndef RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE
>   #define RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE "conf/srm.conf"
> + #endif

That would make me happier.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>