Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2015/01/05 16:19:02 UTC

Where / How to Load a static page

Dear Fellow Developers of OpenMeetings:

We are running OpenMeetings 3.0.3.  We are seeking your guidance on this
following small initiative.

We would like to place a static page in this installation to which the
users are directed under one or more of the following conditions:

    ·we are doing periodic maintenance

    ·there is an internal error on displaying a Web page

    ·the user logs out

    ·the Web server has an HTTP 500 error

*
Seeking guidance*

    ·Where in the installation could we place this static page?  Can we
    do it in dist/red5/webapps/openmeetings?

    ·What is the method to direct the Red5 server to this static page?
    Should we add any thing to
    dist/red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml [or web.xml]?

    ·If not, is there a configuration file in the Tomcat Web server to
    instruct it to direct the user to this page?  What is the method to
    redirect the Web server to this page?

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

Elite Premio Complex Suite 200 Survey No 7 & 8 Balewadi Pune 411045
Maharashtra India

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: Where / How to Load a static page

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
for 1 you can: set up Apache proxy as front-end and re-map it to "Under
maintenance" page during maintenance
for 2: it sounds like document conversion is not set up properly

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Where / How to Load a static page

Posted by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com>.