Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mi...@faa.gov on 2016/08/08 15:47:15 UTC

Problem Connecting Client To Message Broker

I am trying to connect an ActiveMQ client to the ActiveMQ message broker.

I am running my client and the message broker on separate Linux VM's.  The message broker is started and I can access it with the ActiveMQ web console.  I can also ping the message broker VM from the client VM successfully.

However when I run my client app I get a Java net NoRouteToHostException.

I have our network admin's looking into this now, but have received no response yet.  I thought while I was waiting for them I'd see if anyone here could provide any help.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Tarullo
Contractor (Engility Corp)
Software Engineer
FAA WJH Technical Center
(609)485-5294

RE: Problem Connecting Client To Message Broker

Posted by Mi...@faa.gov.
Thanks Tim.  I think I have resolved it.  You are correct that it is a network problem.  We believe it is related to firewall issues on the two remote VM's acting as the JMS clients.

Just so you know our network admins did confirm the existence of the firewalls on the VM's and I also installed the app on the VM running the message broker and had no problem connecting with that deployment!!!

Looks like I just have to get them to open 61616 on the firewalls and I should be OK.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Michael Tarullo
Contractor (Engility Corp)
Software Engineer
FAA WJH Technical Center
(609)485-5294

If you have multiple NICs, it's possible for the ping to resolve but the Java client not to if they're using different NICs for their connections.

Either way, this is definitely a networking problem that we're not going to be able to help you much with.

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.