Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Kowalczyk <jt...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/18 23:27:52 UTC

merge repositories retaining changeset dates

I have several per-client subversion repositories that I want to merge
into a single 'consulting' repository.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#multi-merge

This documentation says that svn load'ing dump files will retain history,
but will it preserve changeset timestamps?

The (merged repository-wide) revision numbers (and the reordering thereof)
are unimportant to me, these repositories fairly simple, not using
externals or references to specific revision numbers.

Any tips to merge multiple repositories while maximally preserving
changeset date coherence would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: merge repositories retaining changeset dates

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 19, 2006, at 00:27, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

> I have several per-client subversion repositories that I want to merge
> into a single 'consulting' repository.
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#multi-merge
>
> This documentation says that svn load'ing dump files will retain
> history,
> but will it preserve changeset timestamps?

As far as I know, yes, it should preserve the timestamps. To be sure,
you could construct a test scenario with a few test repositories and
see for yourself.