Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org> on 2004/04/26 21:04:20 UTC

mock objects for Axis testing?

I've been writing unit tests for my services, but have run into some
trouble mocking out all the Axis objects. Has anyone else tackled this
problem?

Testing a simple service is easy; you just call the service method
directly, no Axis classes involved. But the moment your service does
something with attachments or MessageContext or the like you need Axis
objects to be filled in. Similarly, if you're writing a test for a
Handler you need a MessageContext.

I've had some luck with a very simple MockMessageContext that fills in
the bare minimum to be useful. But I'm really needing more things to
be filled out: real messages, various headers like the location of the
user, or the SOAPService or ServiceDesc for the invoked services. ANd
there I'm stuck.

Any thoughts on this problem? A mock object library for Axis?