Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arrowx7 <al...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/16 16:19:50 UTC

tomcat manager problem (newbie)

Hello,
I'm trying to run the tomcat manager, but it asks me for the
username/password.
I put in the
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="me" password="tomcat" roles="manager"/>
in the conf/tomcat-users.conf
When I try to execute a manager command, it asks me for the user/password
using BASIC authentication.  I put in me/tomcat click ok, and it asks me for
the username/password again.
I'm not sure why it doesn't recognize the user/pass.

Please let me know how I can resolve this problem.

Thank you.

RE: tomcat manager problem (newbie)

Posted by Arrowx7 <al...@yahoo.com>.
actually I was editing the users file for the wrong tomcat instance, thank
you!

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Arrowx7 [mailto:aluminum3458@yahoo.com]
> Subject: tomcat manager problem (newbie)
>
> I put in the
> <role rolename="manager"/>
> <user username="me" password="tomcat" roles="manager"/>
> in the conf/tomcat-users.conf

That should be conf/tomcat-users.xml.

> I'm not sure why it doesn't recognize the user/pass.

Did you restart Tomcat after changing the .xml file?  If it's Tomcat 6,
did you uncomment the user/ role list?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.