Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/18 23:39:41 UTC

Suggestion about wicket's Wizard

I have been playing wicket's Wizard (1.4.9) and feel it is quite helpful but lacking in some ways.

Here is what I suggest:

1. Add a method (called size or something else) to WizardModel to provide the number of wizard steps it contains.

2. Add a method to Wizard or WizardModel to provide the index of a IWizardStep in a number of the wizard steps

3. The current WizardModel#previous remembers the click history in a browser style. Put it another way, it remembers whatever steps were visited and return to them in reversing (FILO) order. I call it browser style. This visit order does not reflect the actual order of wizard steps defined when a Wizard is created. I would like to see an added style (called Linear, for example) that strictly ask WizardModel#previous or another new method to return Wizard to step that is defined (NOT visited) before the current active wizard step. (The background for this request is that I created a few links each of which takes me directly to individual wizard steps in a Wizard. So i can visit the wizard steps in any order instead of following the default Previous and Next button. When I click a link and then click the Prevoius button, the wizard takes me to the previously visited wizard step, not the one defined before the current active step. I feel my need is a useful
 usecase. I inherited WizardModel and modified the previous method in order to satisfy the usecase).

Best!

Re: Suggestion about wicket's Wizard

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Did not hear any feedback. Just curious about whether I explained clearly or about what others may think about my suggestions.

Regards.