Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org> on 2020/06/10 07:31:36 UTC

About the binary files for source code release

Hi all,

One of the comments for 0.4.0-rc2 candidate was about binary files under
"/kubernetes" directory.

"""
./kubernetes/helm/pinot-0.2.0.tgz
./kubernetes/helm/pinot/charts/zookeeper-2.1.3.tgz
./kubernetes/helm/presto-0.2.0.tgz
"""

We can start to discuss on how to handle those. I extracted the files and
it's doesn't include any executable files. I would guess that those are
some configuration/ script files needed to launch zookeeper on Kubernetes.

❯ tar xvf zookeeper-2.1.3.tgz
x zookeeper/Chart.yaml
x zookeeper/values.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/NOTES.txt
x zookeeper/templates/_helpers.tpl
x zookeeper/templates/config-jmx-exporter.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/config-script.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/job-chroots.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/poddisruptionbudget.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/service-headless.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/service.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/servicemonitors.yaml
x zookeeper/templates/statefulset.yaml
x zookeeper/.helmignore
x zookeeper/OWNERS
x zookeeper/README.md

@Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org> What are the recommended way to
handle this? Remove it from source code release? If we want to include
those tgz files, what is the recommended way to handle them?

Best,
Seunghyun

Re: About the binary files for source code release

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
Can this be done in a script - I don’t know much about helm, but suppose
you can commit the content as loose files in the source repo and run a
simple step make the tarballs/tgz