Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2013/11/12 22:41:19 UTC

Question on APLOGNO assignment, 2.4 vs trunk

Trying to apply
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/log-message-tags/next-number?r1=1527925&r2=1527924&pathrev=1527925
... there is no next-number tracking.

How are we tracking numbers on 2.4 vs. trunk, and avoiding some
discordance between the next 2.6 and 2.4 error numbers?  Using
trunk number allocations on any-branch?

If we create a 2.4 branch-specific error for some cause, do we
simply tick the trunk counter?

AW: Question on APLOGNO assignment, 2.4 vs trunk

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.
+1

Regards

Rüdiger

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:44:08 +0200

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
Am Dienstag, 12. November 2013, 23:44:08 schrieb Graham Leggett:
> On 12 Nov 2013, at 11:41 PM, "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-
clan.net> wrote:
> > Trying to apply
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/log-message-ta
> > gs/next-number?r1=1527925&r2=1527924&pathrev=1527925 ... there is
> > no next-number tracking.
> >
> > How are we tracking numbers on 2.4 vs. trunk, and avoiding some
> > discordance between the next 2.6 and 2.4 error numbers?  Using
> > trunk number allocations on any-branch?
> >
> > If we create a 2.4 branch-specific error for some cause, do we
> > simply tick the trunk counter?
>
> I think this is the most pragmatic approach, the numbers only need
> to be unique, and keeping the counter in one place makes sure we
> always stay that way.

+1

Re: Question on APLOGNO assignment, 2.4 vs trunk

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.