Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2007/03/17 01:33:53 UTC

Trunk status.

I've started merging python from 0-9 branch to trunk along with
compatibility fixes. Both brokers on trunk are still 0-8.
python/tests_0-8 is a copy of the 0-8 version of the tests, python/tests
is becoming the 0-9 version.

The python client and testlib can still speak 0-8 and are starting to
stutter in 0-9. They will automatically do the right thing based on the
spec XML you feed to it. For continuity we'll keep 0-8 support in python
until we're entirely done with it everywhere.

The tests still default to 0-8 so the C++ and Java brokers should pass
python tests on the trunk without any special steps. I have verified
that for the C++ broker, the Java broker is failing all python tests at
connection time with a SASL related error. I am fairly certain that's
nothing to do with me, I haven't touched any Java code so I expect that
once the security issue is sorted the python tests will work. If not
I'll muck in to make them work.

I'll continue the python merge on Monday (8 changesets down, 40 to go :(
), it'll probably go faster now as I think I've isolated all the
backward compatibility bits. Once complete I'll start bringing over the
C++ broker.

Not sure who/when will merge ruby (Kevin?), .NET and Java but I am sure
it won't be me ;)

Cheers,
Alan.