Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2004/04/02 21:18:52 UTC

IRC Meeting

Hello.

A little over a week ago we discussed on the PMC list having a short IRC meeting
to discuss various matters in Avalon.  Thanks to Niclas we now have
#ApacheAvalon on irc.freenode.net.  I would like to go ahead and propose a
meeting for sometime next week.  I think Peter should be back from moving by
then (I hope) and if we wait any longer and we'll bump into my wedding on the
10th. :)  So midweek after 5:00 PM EST would be great for me.

Primarily I was hoping to discuss:

   * Avalon Roadmap
    (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=107997042911859&w=2)

   * Plans for Excalibur and Fortress

   * Use of IRC (regular meetings, logging, etc.)

The results of the meeting will be logged and published to the dev list.

Would April 6th, 7th or 8th work?

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 03 April 2004 03:18, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> if we wait any longer and we'll bump into my wedding
> on the 10th. :)  So midweek after 5:00 PM EST would be great for me.

Congrats....

> Would April 6th, 7th or 8th work?

For me, the sooner the better... got "a lot" of activity happening from next
week and onwards.

Niclas

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by peter royal <pr...@pace2020.com>.
On Apr 2, 2004, at 2:18 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Would April 6th, 7th or 8th work?

Any are fine w/me right now.
-pete

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Quoting Timothy Bennett <ex...@comcast.net>:

> J Aaron Farr wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > A little over a week ago we discussed on the PMC list having a short IRC
> meeting
> > to discuss various matters in Avalon.  Thanks to Niclas we now have
> > #ApacheAvalon on irc.freenode.net.  I would like to go ahead and propose a
> > meeting for sometime next week.  I think Peter should be back from moving
> by
> > then (I hope) and if we wait any longer and we'll bump into my wedding on
> the
> > 10th. :)  So midweek after 5:00 PM EST would be great for me.
> >
> > Primarily I was hoping to discuss:
> >
> >    * Avalon Roadmap
> >     (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=107997042911859&w=2)
> >
> >    * Plans for Excalibur and Fortress
> >
> >    * Use of IRC (regular meetings, logging, etc.)
> >
> > The results of the meeting will be logged and published to the dev list.
> >
> > Would April 6th, 7th or 8th work?
>
> Is this a meeting for all committers or just the PMC?

My thought was to have it open to anyone interested enough to attend.

Of course, some decisions may need approved by the PMC but that would be no
different than discussions on the normal dev list.

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Timothy Bennett <ex...@comcast.net>.

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 04 April 2004 03:30, J Aaron Farr wrote:

> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=6&month=4&year=2
>004&p1=0&p2=179&p3=195&p4=122

I love this!  New York, Paris and Kuala Lumpur - - The 3 world metropolises.
:D

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Timothy Bennett <ex...@comcast.net>.
J Aaron Farr wrote:

> Sounds like Tuesday, April 6th would be best.
>
> This chart might help us find a good time:
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=6&month=4&year=2004&p1=0&p2=179&p3=195&p4=122

I'm good with either a 6pm or 7pm NYC-time start on Tuesday night.

RE: IRC Meeting

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
I could do that too but didn't Aaron have a firewall issue that required the
meeting to be little after 5pm so he could get home?

Alex

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Quoting J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>:

> Blasted email not working right again.
>
> Quoting Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>:
> >

> > Hmm.  THe Axis team meet at 1:00 pm EST because it was the best for most
> of
> > the
> > folks involved.  Does that work with everyone?
>
> Unfortunately due to firewall restrictions I cannot get to an IRC server
> during
> regular EST business hours.  That's why the evening (7:00 PM) works better
> for
> me.  I can see what I can do about the firewall, but it wouldn't be easy.

Actually, second thought, I could get on via my Treo, but it would be harder to
work with.

Noel, would earlier in the day tomorrow (like 1:00 PM EST) work for you?

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 5, 2004, at 12:32 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Unfortunately due to firewall restrictions I cannot get to an IRC
> server during
> regular EST business hours.  That's why the evening (7:00 PM) works
> better for
> me.  I can see what I can do about the firewall, but it wouldn't be
> easy.

Can you get out via ssh? If so, you can IRC :)
-pete

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.

RE: IRC Meeting

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Sounds like Tuesday, April 6th would be best.

FWIW, I will not be available.  That was the one night I couldn't make it.

	--- Noel

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> 7pm NYC time is probably best but you would need confirmation from Steve
> since it will be 1AM in Paris.  However I think we all know that he is a
> night owl so it might be opportune.  I'll let him respond to this though.

I'm adaptive and will fit in to whatever works.

Cheers, Steve.

RE: IRC Meeting

Posted by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.
It's not only Paris - it's also Frankfurt! ;-)

But 7pm NYC also works for me.

Andreas

RE: IRC Meeting

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Aaron,

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

RE: IRC Meeting

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Aaron,

The 6th or the 8th is best for me.

Alex

Re: IRC Meeting

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 03 April 2004 19:35, Andreas Oberhack wrote:
> 6th is fine for me - but would it be possible at 9pm EST, so that it is
> a appropriate time here in Europe :-)

On the 7th and 8th, I will NOT be around... Have an arrival to attend to :o)

Niclas

RE: IRC Meeting

Posted by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.
6th is fine for me - but would it be possible at 9pm EST, so that it is
a appropriate time here in Europe :-)

Thanks

Andreas