Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@day.com> on 2009/10/01 11:19:33 UTC

Re: Nodes not returned in query when indexing?

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:38, Dennis van der Laan
<d....@rug.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe file nodes get 'hidden' somehow when their contents get indexed.
> I create a file in a repository, and set a custom property 'myns:id' on
> the jcr:content node. Directly after creating the file, I perform an
> XPath query retrieving the file node based on the id-property.
> Sometimes, especially with (larger) PDF-files, the node can not be found
> by this id-property.
>
> I changed my code, by executing the query over and over again and
> waiting for 2 seconds between each try. Eventually the node is returned,
> mostly after 4-6 seconds (so 2 to 3 tries). In the log file, when the
> query does not return the node, I see the message "MultiIndex: updating
> index with 1 nodes from indexing queue. (MultiIndex.java, line 1210)",
> letting me believe the node is somehow hidden or locked when it is being
> indexed.
>
> I have seen this behavior when using a direct repository and when using
> RMI. It happens when using a local filesystem and when using a database
> store, with Java Derby and with Oracle 10.
>
> My questions:
> - Is this 'normal' behavior or is it a bug?

this sounds like a bug. what version of jackrabbit are you using?

regards
 marcel

Posted by Dennis van der Laan <d....@rug.nl>.
Hi Marcel (or anyone else on the list),

Can anybody confirm this is a bug? Has it been filed yet and if so, what
is the JIRA issue id?

Thanks,
Dennis

--
Dennis van der Laan

Re: Nodes not returned in query when indexing?

Posted by Dennis van der Laan <d....@rug.nl>.