Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/09 09:14:28 UTC

Ivy support?

Hi,

Are there any plans to add Ivy support (using the Ivy library for the
dependency resolution mechanism)?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to create a plugin to buildr that
will compile c++ modules and Ivy is better suited for handling
dependencies of such modules (since different configuraitons
(architectures) can point to different artifacts). For buildr, Ivy is a
subproject of Ant, so Ivy repositories may become popular and having
support for them will be good (of course Ivy support Maven repositories
also).

Thanks,
Ittay

Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>

Re: Ivy support?

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assaf Arkin wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are there any plans to add Ivy support (using the Ivy library for the
>>> dependency resolution mechanism)?
>>>
>>> The reason I'm asking is that I want to create a plugin to buildr that
>>> will
>>> compile c++ modules and Ivy is better suited for handling dependencies of
>>> such modules (since different configuraitons (architectures) can point to
>>> different artifacts). For buildr, Ivy is a subproject of Ant, so Ivy
>>> repositories may become popular and having support for them will be good
>>> (of
>>> course Ivy support Maven repositories also).
>>>

>> I'm looking into OSGi support because you can carry dependencies to the
>> runtime, and it's an easier model than Maven that also translates well to
>> other package managers (Debian, Gems, etc).
>>
>> I don't know if anyone is looking into Ivy support yet. Is that something
>> you can take charge of?
>>

> I can try. Can you give me some pointers where to start looking in the
> code?

I tried to concentrate most of the stuff related to packages in
lib/buildr/packaging.

artifact.rb deals with resolving, installing and otherwise messing with
Maven artifacts.

package.rb deals with packaging, that would be the place to generate
metadata when creating a package.

Assaf

Re: Ivy support?

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>.