Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mdsholund <ma...@pm.me> on 2019/10/10 15:00:34 UTC

RE: Zk Status Error

I am also getting this error using ZK 3.5.5 and Solr 7.7.2.  I have
whitelisted mntr but still get a similar exception

2019-10-10 14:59:01.799 ERROR (qtp591391158-152) [   ] o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
null:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.ZookeeperStatusHandler.monitorZookeeper(ZookeeperStatusHandler.java:189)

As far as I know my ensemble is working fine.  The output of the mntr
command looks like it is all at least two values.  Is there a way that I can
see what it is choking on?

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Zk Status Error

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/10/2019 9:00 AM, mdsholund wrote:
> I am also getting this error using ZK 3.5.5 and Solr 7.7.2.  I have
> whitelisted mntr but still get a similar exception
>
> 2019-10-10 14:59:01.799 ERROR (qtp591391158-152) [   ] o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> null:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
>          at
> org.apache.solr.handler.admin.ZookeeperStatusHandler.monitorZookeeper(ZookeeperStatusHandler.java:189)
>
> As far as I know my ensemble is working fine.  The output of the mntr
> command looks like it is all at least two values.  Is there a way that I can
> see what it is choking on?

You may be running into this problem:

ZK 3.5 changed the output of the "conf" 4lw command in a way that is
incompatible with Solr code.  We consider the problem to be a ZK bug,
but worked around it in Solr because ZK's typical release schedule is
very slow.  A new Solr release will come out long before a new ZK release.

Even Solr 8.2.0, which was updated to the ZK 3.5.5 client, has this
problem.  It will be fixed in 8.3.0 when that version is released.

Thanks,
Shawn