Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/16 05:41:21 UTC

Legal Advise required for Axis2 C project on using third party software

Hi,

For Axis2 C project we need to use a third party WSDL Parser.
We have considered using Wsdl Pull from source forge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsdlpull)
which has LGPL license.

We do not wish to ship Wsdl Pull with our source. We will write an abstract
C interface and the third party Wsdl Parser can be used after writing
a wrapper layer to conform to that interface. So what we plan ship is
our abstraction interface and the wrapper layer which includes
dependencies to the third party software (In this case Wsdl Pull).

In our build process, in configure time we would be giving the option to
build with or without
Wsdl Pull. If user configure with the Wsdl Pull option then (s)he needs to
download Wsdl Pull and provide include paths before building Axis2 C.

Please advise me whether the above scenario is OK with Apache Licensing.

Thanks
Damitha

RE: Legal Advise required for Axis2 C project on using third party software

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Damitha Kumarage wrote:

> In our build process, in configure time we would be giving the
> option to build with or without Wsdl Pull.

How does this square with your comment that:

> For Axis2 C project we need to use a third party WSDL Parser.

Do you or do you not need to use a WSDL parser?  Is this optional?  If it is
not optional, what alternatives are there to the LGPL package?

	--- Noel