Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by "Preissler, Z 1903, BN" <G....@DeutschePost.de> on 2006/10/19 17:49:31 UTC

[neethi] Question about code organization

Hi there,

I'm just looking through the neethi codebase to determine if we can use
it to achieve some things we'd like to do with WS-Policy. I'd like to
thank all people involved for the time and effort to build this module.

The first question I have: I noticed that there is a package
org.apache.neethi in HEAD that was not present in the 1.0.1 release. Is
this work in progress that is eventually meant to replace the
org.apache.ws.policy package?

While looking through the code, I also noted some minor points that
could be changed to complete the fix for this issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-20

- org.apache.ws.policy.Assertion: update comment for getType() to
reflect change to All, Exactlyone

- org.apache.ws.policy.PrimitiveAssertion: update comment at line 202 to
read
  		 * should be wrapped in an org.apache.ws.policy.All
object

- org.apache.ws.policy.util.DOMPolicyReader,
org.apache.ws.policy.util.OMPolicyReader: rename methods
readAndComposite, readXorComposite

- org.apache.ws.policy.util.StAXPolicyWriter: rename methods
writeAndCompositeAssertion, writeXorCompositeAssertion

If you'd like, I could do the changes and attach the diffs to the issue
in jira.

kind regards
	Jerry Preissler

--
Gerald Preissler
Deutsche Post AG

Re: [neethi] Question about code organization

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Preissler, Z 1903, BN wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm just looking through the neethi codebase to determine if we can
> use it to achieve some things we'd like to do with WS-Policy. I'd
> like to thank all people involved for the time and effort to build
> this module.
>
> The first question I have: I noticed that there is a package
> org.apache.neethi in HEAD that was not present in the 1.0.1
> release. Is this work in progress that is eventually meant to
> replace the org.apache.ws.policy package?

Yes, the current plan is to move the old codebase, that is
org.apache.ws.policy package to a branch where it will remain in the
mode and preserve the org.apache.neethi package in the trunk.

> While looking through the code, I also noted some minor points that
> could be changed to complete the fix for this issue:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-20
>
> - org.apache.ws.policy.Assertion: update comment for getType() to
> reflect change to All, Exactlyone
>
> - org.apache.ws.policy.PrimitiveAssertion: update comment at line
> 202 to read * should be wrapped in an org.apache.ws.policy.All
> object
>
> - org.apache.ws.policy.util.DOMPolicyReader,
> org.apache.ws.policy.util.OMPolicyReader: rename methods
> readAndComposite, readXorComposite
>
> - org.apache.ws.policy.util.StAXPolicyWriter: rename methods
> writeAndCompositeAssertion, writeXorCompositeAssertion
>
> If you'd like, I could do the changes and attach the diffs to the
> issue in jira.

Please do so ..

Best,
Sanka