Posted to user@flume.apache.org by "Kumar, Deepak8 " <de...@citi.com> on 2012/10/03 12:42:38 UTC

RE: Moving from Flume OG to Flume NG

Hi Shumin,
I have gone through the documentation, but it don't have much. Do you have any use case in which you are using CustomSource? As in flume 0.9.4, we do have flume master url where we can see the source/sinks/decorators etc. How we can verify here whether our custom source is fine & up or have any errors?

It would be much help if you please guide me a bit.

Regards,
Deepak

Posted by Shumin Wu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Our company has some BI that of course cannot be available in the default
sources provided by flume-ng. So yes, I am using the custom source, in a
way that is pretty much like the code snippet I have pasted in last email.

So far I have found the flume log a good resource to scrub error/exception
informations. You may configure the log4j property file to dump any many
details as you can.

AFAIK, there is no master/node notion in NG any longer. If you want to set
up a distributed cluster, you may take a look at the "setting multi-agent
flow" at
https://people.apache.org/~mpercy/flume/flume-1.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/docs/FlumeUserGuide.html

Good luck!

Shumin