Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <sa...@soethe.net> on 2004/11/05 07:59:19 UTC

New on this list ...

Hi there,

pardon my not introducing myself to this list when I started posting
here a couple of days ago.

My name is Ferdinand Soethe, I'm from Hannover, Germany and I'm a
system analyst and author of software books.

I'm currently doing research for a book for O'Reilly Germany which
deals with practical uses (beyond the hype) of XML-technologies for
small business.

I ran into this beautiful project when looking for an XML-based CMS
that works off- and online.

Let me say that I'm very impressed with the current capabilities of
Forrest and I'm seriously considering to introduce it as the tool for
a big part of my book as well as the subject for a separate book just
on Forrest.

Since I need to work my into the system anyway, I'd be happy to
contribute bits and pieces of documentation in German or English.

Regards,
Ferdinand

Re: New on this list ...

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler escribió:

> We are not really a CMS. We are more about documentation. You may want
> to have a look as well into Apache Lenya. http://cocoon.apache.org/cocoon

/http://cocoon.apache.org/cocoon/ /http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/

I should have a coffee.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: New on this list ...

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 05-11-2004 a las 10:47, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
> >
> > > I'm currently doing research for a book for O'Reilly Germany which
> > > deals with practical uses (beyond the hype) of XML-technologies for
> > > small business.
> > >
> > > I ran into this beautiful project when looking for an XML-based CMS
> > > that works off- and online.
> >
> > We are not really a CMS. We are more about documentation. You may want
> > to have a look as well into Apache Lenya. http://cocoon.apache.org/cocoon
>
> Typo: http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/
>
> BTW: Forrest does hope to integrate certain capabilities
> with Lenya at some stage.

Actually lenya wants to fully integrate forrest as plugin to use all the
awesome features we have here.

BTW: Cheers again, David, for correcting my stuff. Maybe we should talk
about private english lessons ;-) LOL

Re: New on this list ...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: New on this list ...

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
> Hi there,
>
> pardon my not introducing myself to this list when I started posting
> here a couple of days ago.
>
> My name is Ferdinand Soethe, I'm from Hannover, Germany and I'm a
> system analyst and author of software books.

Welcome Ferdinand and greetings to Hannover (and schroeder ;-)).

> I'm currently doing research for a book for O'Reilly Germany which
> deals with practical uses (beyond the hype) of XML-technologies for
> small business.
>
> I ran into this beautiful project when looking for an XML-based CMS
> that works off- and online.

We are not really a CMS. We are more about documentation. You may want
to have a look as well into Apache Lenya. http://cocoon.apache.org/cocoon

> Let me say that I'm very impressed with the current capabilities of
> Forrest and I'm seriously considering to introduce it as the tool for
> a big part of my book as well as the subject for a separate book just
> on Forrest.
>
> Since I need to work my into the system anyway, I'd be happy to
> contribute bits and pieces of documentation in German or English.

Cheers. you can add your documentation to jira. Have a look at
http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html for more information.

Re: New on this list ...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> pardon my not introducing myself to this list when I started posting
> here a couple of days ago.

No need to, but thanks ... a good idea.

> My name is Ferdinand Soethe, I'm from Hannover, Germany and I'm a
> system analyst and author of software books.
>
> I'm currently doing research for a book for O'Reilly Germany which
> deals with practical uses (beyond the hype) of XML-technologies for
> small business.
>
> I ran into this beautiful project when looking for an XML-based CMS
> that works off- and online.
>
> Let me say that I'm very impressed with the current capabilities of
> Forrest and I'm seriously considering to introduce it as the tool for
> a big part of my book as well as the subject for a separate book just
> on Forrest.

Thanks.

Just one thing: remember that Forrest is still 0.x release
version. An in-depth book might not be suitable at this stage.
Stick with us a see what evolves.

> Since I need to work my into the system anyway, I'd be happy to
> contribute bits and pieces of documentation in German or English.

You know the Open Source way. Thanks.

--
David Crossley