Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Duder Himer <we...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/20 21:35:53 UTC

Programmatically Change Configuration?

Is there a way to programmatically change the configuration through the log4net API?  For example, when my application is run for the first time, I want to allow the user to provide their smtp host for the SmtpAppender, and have that information saved to the configuration.

I'm trying to read through the log4net code the loads the configuration to see if there is something there I can make use of, but I'm getting a little lost.  I am not familier with NUnit, thus I don't have the source setup to compile such that I can step though the code.  So I am manually looking through the code, starting at the default XmlConfigurator.Configure() method, and jumping through the defines of the methods it calls.  It gets really confusing when the GetRepository functions are using interfaces, and I have to figure out which implementation of that interface would actually be used so that I can look through the functions being called.

Thanks in advance.

-Snozz

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs