Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kumar, Amit" <am...@gs.com> on 2001/06/01 16:07:35 UTC

Debugging servlets in Tomcat using Visual Cafe Expert 4.0 Edition

Hi,

I followed the instructions provided  at
http://people.netscape.com/chanezon/tech/java/tomcat/debug_jsp_in_cafe.htm
<http://people.netscape.com/chanezon/tech/java/tomcat/debug_jsp_in_cafe.htm>

to debug servlets in Visual Cafe Expert 4.0. I am using tomcat 3.2.1

I get following error when I provide -start as the argument to
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.class successfully loaded
Usage: java org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat {options}
  Options are:
    -config file (or -f file)  Use this file instead of server.xml
    -help (or help)            Show this usage report
    -home dir (or -h dir)      Use this directory as tomcat.home
    -stop                      Shut down currently running Tomcat

When I don't specify any argument it fails with

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.class successfully loaded
Exception raised:  "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/tomcat/util/xml/XmlMapper"
You may press F5 to continue with default exception handling)

Please help.

Thanks
Amit Kumar