Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manuv <ma...@campus.upf.edu> on 2007/02/19 15:41:18 UTC

message listener receives expired message

Hi.

We have a problem with the expiration feature.

One sender sends a message to a queue, with time to live of 1 seconds. After
2 seconds, a message listener is registered for that queue ..... and it
receives the message.

If we do the same but instead of using a message listener, the blocking
receive() method is used, then everything works properly.

We attach a class which demonstrate this misbehaviour.

We are using Active MQ 4.1.0 broker.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance.

Manu

http://www.nabble.com/file/6634/ExpirationNotWorkingExample.java
ExpirationNotWorkingExample.java

Re: message listener receives expired message

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks for letting us know!

On 2/19/07, manuv <ma...@campus.upf.edu> wrote:

> Hi, James.
>
> You're right: I've just downloaded the latest snapshot and tested our code
> against it, and it worked fine.
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> Manu
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > I wonder, could you try this against the latest 4.2-SNAPSHOT - AFAIK
> > its now fixed
> >
> > On 2/19/07, manuv <ma...@campus.upf.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> We have a problem with the expiration feature.
> >>
> >> One sender sends a message to a queue, with time to live of 1 seconds.
> >> After
> >> 2 seconds, a message listener is registered for that queue ..... and it
> >> receives the message.
> >>
> >> If we do the same but instead of using a message listener, the blocking
> >> receive() method is used, then everything works properly.
> >>
> >> We attach a class which demonstrate this misbehaviour.
> >>
> >> We are using Active MQ 4.1.0 broker.
> >>
> >> Any hint?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Manu