Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Derrick Spell <de...@cdmplus.com> on 2005/12/01 14:53:48 UTC

Re: Cookies not set

On Oct 28, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Gerald Richter wrote:

>> I finally had the time to get in and look at the headers.  It
>> seems the issue was in the expiration calculation.  The
>> cookie that was coming through was set to expire 10 mins
>> before it got there!  I changed the cookie_expires in my
>> config file to read "+1d" but still no good.  Even though it
>> said +1d, I was getting cookies that either would expire
>> within 10 mins or had already expired.
>
> Could you please do the following test:
>
> Edit test/conf/httpd.conf.src, goto line 153 and add the line
>
>   Embperl_Cookie_Expires +1d
>
> Now run
>
>   make test TESTARGS="-h 161 162 163 164"
>
> Then look at test/tmp/test.log and search for SES:. The second time
> you find
> it, you should see the cookie that is sent. Does it have the
> correct time
> i.e. one day ahead? (this works for me)
>
> If it works you see enable dbgSession and watch your embperl.log,
> what time
> shows up there.

Enabling dbgSession has illuminated the problem.  The date
calculation seems to be made at the time the server starts up, not at
the time the cookie is sent.  I used grep to look at all the cookies
that have been sent in the last week, and they all have the exact
same cookie expiration date (which of course, was 12 hours after I
restarted the server last week).

-Derrick

RE: Cookies not set

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I just tried to apply the patch and had two issues:
>
> * I don't have a podsrc/Config.spod, so it couldn't apply the
> patch.
> I'm guessing this is no big deal.  I'm using the
> Embperl-2.1.0 installation tree.

Yes, this is only in the svn source and used to build Config.pod

> * After applying the patch and running perl Makefile.PL;
> make;  make test;  I got the following error:
>
> [-1][30304]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't locate object
> method "cookie_expires" via package "Embperl::Req" at
> /home/admin/ Embperl-2.1.0/test/html/cookieexpire.htm line 6.

You could fix this by running xsbuiler/source_scan.pl and
xsbuilder/xs_generate.pl

To simplify things I send you an updated version per private email

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: Cookies not set

Posted by Derrick Spell <de...@cdmplus.com>.
I just tried to apply the patch and had two issues:

* I don't have a podsrc/Config.spod, so it couldn't apply the patch.
I'm guessing this is no big deal.  I'm using the Embperl-2.1.0
installation tree.

* After applying the patch and running perl Makefile.PL;  make;  make
test;  I got the following error:

[-1][30304]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method
"cookie_expires" via package "Embperl::Req" at /home/admin/
Embperl-2.1.0/test/html/cookieexpire.htm line 6.

Let me know if I messed up.  I'm still new to patches.

-Derrick

RE: Cookies not set

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,