Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/02/02 00:47:25 UTC

Re: svn commit: r18316 - trunk/subversion/svn

On 2/1/06, rooneg@tigris.org <ro...@tigris.org> wrote:
> Author: rooneg
> Date: Wed Feb  1 19:32:55 2006
> New Revision: 18316
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/subversion/svn/cl.h
>    trunk/subversion/svn/diff-cmd.c
>    trunk/subversion/svn/main.c
>
> Log:
> Add a --summarize option to svn diff, which makes it to avoid showing
> the actual differences and just display a summary of what has been
> modified.

Since people seem to like the idea, I went ahead and committed this.
I decided to drop the trailing slash for the time being, because it
doesn't play nicely with svn_path_to_local_style, and when I looked at
how the 'svn list' implementation was doing it it turned out to just
hardcode / all the time, never falling back to \ for systems that use
that separator.  I believe I incorporated all the other comments, but
if I missed anything please let me know.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r18316 - trunk/subversion/svn

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 2/1/06, Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> wrote:

> Why doesn't it? I though svn_path_local_style currently just replaces
> the separators. Or does it canonicalize the path, too?

It also canonicalizes the path.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r18316 - trunk/subversion/svn

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 2/1/06, rooneg@tigris.org <ro...@tigris.org> wrote:
>
>> Author: rooneg
>> Date: Wed Feb  1 19:32:55 2006
>> New Revision: 18316
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/subversion/svn/cl.h
>>    trunk/subversion/svn/diff-cmd.c
>>    trunk/subversion/svn/main.c
>>
>> Log:
>> Add a --summarize option to svn diff, which makes it to avoid showing
>> the actual differences and just display a summary of what has been
>> modified.
>>

> Since people seem to like the idea, I went ahead and committed this.
> I decided to drop the trailing slash for the time being, because it
> doesn't play nicely with svn_path_to_local_style,
Why doesn't it? I though svn_path_local_style currently just replaces
the separators. Or does it canonicalize the path, too?

-- Brane