Posted to community@apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2004/10/20 05:07:23 UTC

Clover licence for Apache

Hopefully everything will soon be go on having a Clover licence for all
Apache Java projects:

http://www.cenqua.com/clover/

One such example of an ASF project already using Clover is Geronimo:

http://geronimo.apache.org/modules/security/clover/

Part of the licence will be a restriction on which packages it applies to.
Currently I have the following listed as packages the ASF may create
classes in:

org.apache
javax
org.xml
org.w3c
com.example
<default namespace>

Am I missing anything obvious?

Geronimo has packages of system and noNamespace too. I'm not sure what the
deal with that is, seems to be xmlbeans related.

Thanks,

Hen

(Other tools similar to Clover are JCoverage and Emma. Emma is
open-sourced, though not as mature as the other two currently. I've been
following the Clover opportunity along as Clover is the most common tool
in use at the ASF for this currently)